Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The 'Earth' without 'Art' is just 'Eh'

You might know, or maybe you dont, that I love taking pictures! If Im not taking them I love looking at them. That's why my blog is so visual. Just a sucker for pretty things. Growing up I loved decorating and loved projects where I can showcase my individuality. My siblings always joke how Im the "jolly" one out of all of us because of how overly corny I can get with holidays. Well anyway, a couple years ago when instagram wasn't as big as it is today, I found a really cool picture on the popular page and when I clicked on the profile I was led to Charmaine Olivia(also where the idea for our daughters name came about). Instantly I fell in love with all her work and how her art celebrated women in a new light. Here she is:
she's so pretty right?!
Abigail(left) & Suriah the Sun Worshiper(right) are my favorites
But dont just take my word for it. You can check out more of her work here. & she has plenty of links to her other social media linked on there :)

The Girl with the Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer c1665
That painting is my all time favorite!! I read the book 'The Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier as a senior in highschool for fun and that too became one of my favorite books. Its a fictional story about how the painting came to be and there's even an old movie on it. Scarlett Johansson plays Greet(the girl in the painting). To end this, whatever you do that makes you happy whether its taking pictures, writing, singing, dancing, drawing..it's all an art. Continue to do what makes your soul happy.
sig photo sig.jpg_zpskvut99wu.png

Post a Comment

© Crystal B.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.