Friday, March 17, 2017

ST PATTYS DAY | Green Lipstick | New Products

Hey everyone! The one day wearing all green and drinking Irish car bombs from sunrise to sunset is finally here; St Patrick's Day. There's a legit historical reason for the celebration but I dont want to bore you with my history and facts that may or may not be from Wikipedia. Well, I normally never do much to participate in festivities but today was slightly different because I had a green lipstick. I received the lipstick in a gift bag from GenBeauty(I'll be using products ALL year from that bag I got so much!). I usually stick to nudes so I tried to push myself to be bold today.
The shade I used was "Poison Ivy" by LipLand cosmetics. I think if this color was in a different formula, like a liquid lipstick, then maybe I would have loved it more. To me I would have needed to apply multiple applications so that the intended color would be visible. I later looked on the websites page for the lipstick and compared my application vs theirs...I definitely didn't get the shade they wanted haha But that's OK. My original intention was to do something different and although this color wasn't my fav I broke out of my comfort zone. 
Now, direct your attention to my eyes. I also tried to carry the green look onto my eyeshadow and I used the Color Icon collection from Wet n Wild in the shade "Comfort Zone". As of Late I've been really obsessed with Wet n Wild products(post of my faves from them soon). That palette has a mix of nice browns and shimmery colors with the green being one. Loved the outcome! 
  Everyone also gave me lots of compliments on my eye lashes and highlight. Here's another new and bold product for me: my lashes. My Go-To style is always something wispy but I decided to try DoDo lashes in the style #105. This style is definitely meant for a shadow look with lots of color. Not too bad ;) My highlight was Becca x Jaclyn Hill "Champagne Pop". OMG, BIG NEWS: I want to eventually start a YouTube for my makeup so Im trying to get the hang of iMovie and the whole filming part. I made a basic video just showcasing my makeup look but let me now what you think before I just jump into tutorials....so nervous!

...But that's it for mt St Patty's Day makeup. Thanks for reading!
PRODUCTS MENTIONED:
k photo g_zpspzxgm3sh.png

Post a Comment

© Crystal B.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.