Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Proposal

[Skit: Seinfeld & Wale]
Seinfield: Getting engaged is like getting, uh, it's the first hill of the roller coaster And you hear those clickers, the loud sound - this really violent, metal 'Chunka-chunka-chunka' and you go, "What, what's going on here," You know? "Boy this thing is really, really goes high!"
Wale: I'm looking down, 'Oh shit!'
Seinfield: And then you go over the top, the wedding is at the top. You go over the top, is the wedding and then you're just screaming
Wale: Even if you make plans you never think you're really ready for marriage?
Seinfield: No it's uh, it's like any growth. You're no- you can't be ready for it because tha- it's growth, it's gonna be new. It's gonna be new. You're gonna have a new life, you're gonna be a new person
from the song The Matrimony by Wale ft Usher

On this day last year I pulled in from a South American deployment. It was the first time Bryan had ever seen me pull in with my ship so I was super excited! On top of all that, he graduated last May from Montana Tech University & moved back to California. At that time I was living in Mississippi for work orders so we were still long distance. Before I left for our short South America trip he flew to the south to visit me :) In the part I was, New Orleans was an hour away one direction, Alabama was 30 min one way & Florida was an hour the other. SWEET!! Nice little trip.

Enough with the random side story haha We pulled in on the 15th last year and I couldn't wait to see him :) I'll admit, the short deployment was sorta stressful on our relationship. Im not sure if it was the anxiousness of finally living together and distance being over or maybe the devil trying to split us up. Who knows. But when I say I've got man strong in his faith I mean it! He doesn't believe in "breaks" or breakups. There have been many times that I've been too stressed and been like "UGH why are we even together?! Look how we argue!" then he'd go "We're together because God told us we'd be husband and wife so stop saying that! I love you" haha nobody is perfect. But he's perfcet for me :)

There I go with another side story! Stop me next time. But anyway, Once the brow was lowered and we were let off I left to go find him. When I saw him he had a bouquet of roses for me :) I asked a lady nearby if she could take a picture of us and once she did I was like "c'mon lets go home its hot out here" then he kept saying Hold on hold on. Me being the impatient person I am I was like "OMG lets GO its hot and Im hungry" and then he's like "Ah, well..I didn't wanna do this in front of everybody but you deserve it *drops down to one knee* Will You Marry Me?" The lady who took our first picture snatched my phone and took pics. If you know Bryan then you would know this is totally out of character haha He doesn't like being in the spotlight.. even tho he deserves to be(he's quite the comedian). I was SO shocked!! I had no idea, and i mean NO idea he would do this or that I would be engaged after the sweetest proposal :) I SAID YES!! and cried and he says I almost tackled him haha

Here we are a year later; married, a beautiful baby girl, good jobs, good health, a roof over a heads...God is so good! Im very blessed :)

sig photo sig.jpg_zpskvut99wu.png

Post a Comment

© Crystal B.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.